Newborn Info

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Newborn Information
~All sessions takes place at my home. I have too many props to travel with, and lighting conditions aren't always ideal in client's homes.

~If you have other small children, it’s usually best to arrange child-care. I try to keep a quiet and calm atmosphere during the session. If you would like them in the photos, its best if we can get those done first, and then have Dad take them back home or have someone come pick them up. (If that's not an option, that's ok too....I understand and we will work around it and try to keep them busy in the other room)

~Newborn sessions usually last anywhere from two to four hours. Yep, you read that right! This allows time for feedings, diaper changes, and soothing the baby if need be. IF the baby is really fussy, or does not settle in an hour or so, I usually will suggest rescheduling for a different day. Some babies have gas or reflux issues, and there is no sense in making them do the session if they just aren’t feeling well.

~I use a small space heater to warm up the space near baby. Remember, the baby is used to being in a warm body and does not like being cold since most shots will be him/her in their birthday suit.

~Please try and keep the baby’s diaper loose around his/her waist 30 minutes to an hour before the session. This will ensure that there will be no red marks on the baby for the session. Also try and dress them in something that can be easily removed in case they are asleep. Try to stay away from shirts or outfits that need to slip over the head…that’s guaranteed to wake a baby.

~When the baby’s belly is full, he/she will more than likely sleep better and be much easier to photograph. Try and feed right before your arrival. Also, please try and keep the baby awake an hour before your session, which I understand isn't always possible, don’t stress…we are on the baby’s schedule.

~With newborns, I believe less is more, so primarily I will be shooting the baby in his/her birthday suit, but please feel free to use any type of accessories or outfits. I have a variety of headbands, hats, and wraps you can choose from. Etsy is a great community of vendors where you can find unique photo props. This is where I buy most of my items from.


~The newborn session fee is $85 at this time. This session lasts longer and
I invest a lot of time and money into finding and buying props for your session.

~If you have any questions, or would like to schedule a session, please contact
me through my website: http://ashleynoblephotography.com/ or call me at
630-946-7653.

Thank you so much for checking out my work, and I look forward to working
with you!

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment